The Fox Valley Woodworkers Club, Inc. was founded in June of 1984 and has enjoyed a long history of sharing the joy of woodworking with members and friends throughout the years.
Purpose:Our club is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to provide a place where woodworking enthusiasts of all skill levels meet to swap their stories, learn new techniques, show off their latest wood creations and share a common interest.
Club Membership: Membership is open to woodworking enthusiasts of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels. We welcome everyone to come as a guest at our next meeting and see what we are all about. Why not bring a friend? They will be glad you did!
When and Where: Bethany Lutheran Church
8 S. Lincoln
The club meets on the first Tuesday night of the month, unless the first Tuesday falls on a recognized national holiday (i.e. New Year's Day, July 4th), when it will meet on a Tuesday approved by the Board and has meeting space available (typically the second Tuesday). The Board of Directors holds a Board meeting on the Thursday immediately following the general meeting. A list of general and Board meetings will be published in the December newsletter for the next year.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the General Meeting begins officially at 7:30 p.m.
---- Click Here For Map ----
- Doors Open: 6:30 p.m.
- 6:30 - 7:30: Members can peruse the club library, purchase club merchandise or Raffle tickets, set-up their Show & Tell projects or just take time to mingle and talk shop with fellow members & guests. Members and guests are also invited to attend any of our SIGs or other pre-meeting discussions or exhibits that are on the agenda.
- 7:30 p.m. “Welcome All”: Our President officially starts each meeting by welcoming our guests and announcing upcoming events and other pertinent news.
- 7:45 p.m. Our ever-popular Show & Tell presentation. Members bring their projects and give a brief description of the ideas behind their creation and tell us of any problems they encountered, or revelations made in the completion of the object.
- Intermission: At around 8:00 p.m. we take a short break and then it is back to our seats.
- Presentation: At around 8:00 p.m. it's time for our guest speakers range from club members, product reps and shop owners to authors, craftsmen and other woodworking professionals.
- Back to Business: A short Business report is followed by “Shop Talk” where we open the floor to up for discussion. Hints & Tips and general woodworking Q&A is shared by everyone all are invited to contribute.
- Good-bye till Next Month: Meetings usually end by 10:00 p.m. but, with such good company and fascinating information to share, it occasionally runs till 10:30 p.m. with never a dull moment!
FVWWC Constitutions & By-Laws (Amended 11-07-2024)
Membership Dues:Dues are only $30.00 per year - per individual, couple or family per household. This includes a club badge, the monthly newsletter, monthly meetings with quest speakers, free book, video and magazine rentals, membership booklet, discounts at participating suppliers, participation in our Christmas Toy Drive and a chance to meet interesting people who share your enthusiasm for Woodworking.
Membership Form - 2024
Our Most Popular Features:
- Christmas Toy/Food Drive: Hundreds of toys and bags of nonperishable food/household items are donated to local agencies for distribution to area families and is the highlight event of our year!
- Club Library: Hundreds of books, magazines, videos and more available for loan to members.
- SIGs/Special Interest Groups: Mini-Groups dedicated to particular areas of interest.
- Field Trips: Sawmills, Museums, Factories, etc. throughout the year.
- Newsletters: Timely information and listing of club news.
- Shop Talk: Monthly open forum of tips, hints, helps & more!
- Shop Tours: Fellow members invite us to visit their shops.
- Show and Tell: Display of projects by members each month.
- Special Events: Participation in local shows and projects.
- Workshops: 1- and 2-Day classes/seminars on variety of topics.